Monday, June 16, 2008

Revolution in Buchara

But only in our stomachs. No more food I haven't prepared myself. The motorbikes are still running well, apart from their suspensions. But the spare parts will arrive in Taschkent Thursday night and we will hopefully be able to fix them soon afterwards. I have heard rumors that it takes several days to get things through customs, I just hope it isn't true. Uzbekistan has amazing sights, of which I'll put a few photos online once we arrive in Taschkent. Here in Buchara it has something around 40 degrees Celsius (felt 50) and we are being boiled alive. We have asked quite a few people if it is really true that you can have several wives here... the answer is: YES, if you can afford it. In return we are always being asked if we are married. Most of the time we tell the truth, and Marcin is being offered to be helped finding a wife. Because it's really time for him with his 32 years. And I get pitiful looks, because women older than 25 have no chance of getting married any more. Too old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i want to live in uzbekistan!!!!!!!!
konsti